Patchouli has a rich, earthy, and grounding fragrance and is often used during prayer or meditation, and has a balancing effect on emotions, making it effective for anxiety symptoms. It has cell-rejuvenating properties giving it the power to lessen the look of scars or marks and making it effective for reducing the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and skin imperfections.
It's astringent properties help stimulate contracted muscles, nerves and skin. Patchouli oil can help kill fungus, making it useful when battling athlete’s foot or other fungal infections
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Labiatea (mint); Indonesia; Steam distilled from leaves and flowers
Properties: Anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antitoxic, astringent, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, insecticidal, stimulant (digestive), and tonic
Body Systems Affected: Skin
Aromatic Influence: It is sedating, calming and relaxing allowing it to reduce anxiety and the aroma may have some particular influence on sex, physical energy and money. Additionally, the aroma of patchouli is known to ward off mosquitos, fleas, ants, lice, moths and flies.
Other Possible Uses: This oil is a digester of toxic material in the body. It may also help acne, appetite (curbs), bites (insect and snake), cellulite, congestion, dandruff, depression, digestive system, relieve itching from hives, skin conditions (chapped and tightens loose skin), uv radiation (protects against), water retention, weeping wounds, weight reduction, and prevent wrinkles
French Medicinal Uses: Allergies, dermatitis, eczema, hemorrhoids, tissue regeneration
Blends With: Bergamot, Clary sage, frankincense, geranium, ginger, lavender, lemongrass, myrrh, pine, rosewood sandalwood
Directions for Use: approved by the FDA for the use as a Food Additive (FA) and Flavoring Agent (FL)*
- Dilute 1 drop oil into 1 teaspoon honey or in 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Diffuse 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply to forehead, temples, flex points and/or directly on area of concern
- Not for children under 6 years old; use with caution and in greater dilution for children 6 years old and older
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (refer to an aromatherapy text)
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should consulting a trained healthcare practitioner prior to use
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product immediately if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Pachouli batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Pogostemon cablin. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.
*Mockingbird Apothecary does not recommend ingestion of essential oils