Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Tea tree essential oil helps to fight all three categories of infections including bacterial, viral and fungi. It can boost the immune system and is used for congestion & respiratory infections including coughs and sinusitis.
Because of its antibacterial properties, it is often used in soaps, toothpastes and deodorants as well as in skincare to combat acne. Tea tree is also excellent for preventing fungus infections like athlete's foot and toenail fungus.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Myrtaceae (Myrtle, shrubs and trees)
Properties: Analgesic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-parasitic, a strong antiseptic, anti-viral, decongestant, digestive, expectorant, immune-stimulant, insecticidal, neuro tonic, stimulant and tissue regenerator
Body Systems Affected: Immune and respiratory system, muscles, bones & skin
Aromatic Influence: This oil of melaleuca has a scent that can be described as sweet, delicate, fresh, camphoraceous and herbaceous. In aromatherapy, it promotes cleansing and purity
Other Possible Uses: This Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) essential oil may help acne, burns, candida, cold sores, digestion, fungal infections, hysteria, infectious diseases, inflammation, shock, viral infections, warts, and wounds (promotes healing)
Historical Uses: The leaves of the Melaleuca tree (or Tea Tree) have been used for centuries by the aborigines to heal cuts, wounds, and skin infections. With twelve times the antiseptic power of phenol, it has some strong immune building properties
French Medicinal Uses: Athlete's foot, bronchitis, colds, coughs, diarrhea, flu, periodontal (gum) disease, rash, skin healing, sore throat, sunburn, tonsillitis, vaginal thrush
Blends With: All citrus oils, cypress, eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary and thyme
Directions for Use: Approved by the FDA for use as a Food Additive (FA) or Flavoring Agent (FL)
- Dilute 1 drop oil into 1 teaspoon honey or in 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Diffuse 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply diluted to flex points and/or directly on area of concern
- Not for children under 6 years old; use with caution and in greater dilution for children 6 years and older
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (refer to an aromatherapy text)
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should consulting a trained healthcare practitioner prior to use
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product immediately if you
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Tea Tree batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Melaleuca alternifolia. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MC quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.