Clary Sage essential oil is best known to assist in combating depression and fighting stress, making it an effective natural remedy for low moods and encouraging happiness. It has also been associated with improved memory, greater alertness and mental clarity.
It can ease night sweats due to menopause and encourage peaceful sleep. Useful in counteracting hair loss and a number of skin conditions, including dry skin as well as oily skin and acne.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Labiateae (mint); Utah, France; Steam distillation from flowing plant
Properties: Anti-convulsive, anti-fungal, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, nerve tonic, sedative, soothing, tonic, and warming
Body Systems Affected: Hormonal system
Aromatic Influence: It may calm and enhance the dream state, helping to bring about a feeling of euphoria with its herbaceous, spicy, hay-like and sharp aroma
Other Possible Uses: This oil may be used for amenorrhea, cell regulation, circulatory problems, depression, insect bites, insomnia, kidney disorders, dry skin, throat infection, ulcers and whooping cough
Historical Uses: Nicknamed "clear eyes", it was famous during the Middle Ages for its ability to clear eye problems. During that time, it was widely used for female complaints, kidney/digestive/skin disorders, inflammation, sore throats and wounds.
French Medicinal Uses: Bronchitis, cholesterol, frigidity, genitalia, hemorrhoids, hormonal imbalance, impotence, infections, intestinal cramps, menstrual cramps, pms, pre-menopause, weak digestion
Blends With: Bergamot, cedarwood, sweet orange, lemon, lime, geranium and invigorate
Directions for Use: Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for internal consumption by the FDA (21CFR182.20)*
- Dilute 1 drop of oil into 1 tsp honey or in 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Diffuse 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply to flex points and or directly on area of concern
Safety & Precautions
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Use with caution during pregnancy
- Do not use on children under 6 years old; use with caution and in greater dilution for children 6-14 years
- Pregnant women & nursing mothers should consult a trained healthcare practitioner prior to using essential oils
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Clary Sage batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Salvia sclarea. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.
*Mockingbird Apothecary does not recommend ingestion of essential oils