Pink Grapefruit (Citrus x paradisi)
Pink Grapefruit essential oil has a fresh, sweet smell which encourages feelings of joy and replenishes energy levels, known to be used as a stress-buster and can help increase feelings of happiness.
The active ingredient is commonly used in weight loss treatments and can act as an appetite suppressant. In skincare, grapefruit is often used to promote radiance and clarity, improve the appearance of blemished skin and restore a youthful appearance.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Rutaceae (hybrid between Citrus maxima and Citrus sinensis); USA; Cold pressed from rind
Properties: Antidepressant, antiseptic, disinfectant, diuretic, stimulant and tonic
Body Systems Affected: Cardiovascular system
Aromatic Influence: Grapefruit oil may help prevent one from drowning in their own negativity. It has a clean, fresh, bitter and citrusy aroma
Other Possible Uses: Grapefruit essential oil may help with depression, drug withdrawal, eating disorders, fatigue, gallstones, jet lag, liver disorders, migraine headaches, obesity, premenstrual tension, and stress. It may also have a cleansing effect on the kidneys, the lymphatic system and the vascular system
French Medicinal Uses: Cellulite, digestion, dyspepsia, lymphatic decongestant, water retention
Blends With: Basil, bergamot, cedarwood, chamomile, cypress, frankincense, geranium, juniper, lavender, peppermint, rosemary, rosewood, and ylang ylang
Directions for Use: Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for internal consumption fy the FDA (21CFR182.20)
- Dilute 1 drop oil into 1 teaspoon honey or in 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Diffuse 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply to forehead, temples, flex points and/or directly on area of concern
- May be used in place of other citrus oils when immediate exposure to sun is unavoidable, as grapefruit does not have the same photosensitivity that other citrus oils have
- Not for children under 6 years old
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (refer to an aromatherapy text)
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should consulting a trained healthcare practitioner prior to use
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product immediately if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Grapefruit (pink) batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Citrus x paradisi. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.