Lime essential oil can help energize and motivate, as well as helping to eliminate mental sluggishness. It has astringent properties which contribute to tightening loose muscles and give a feeling of firmness, fitness and youth. Lime provides antioxidants to the skin, thereby reducing dark spots due to aging.
Its antibacterial properties can purify and detoxify skin, as well as it is ideal as a room deodorizer and a surface cleaner and disinfectant.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Rutaceae (citrus)
Properties: Anti-bacterial, antiseptic, anti-viral, restorative and tonic
Body Systems Affected: Digestive, immune, respiratory systems
Aromatic Influence: Lime oil has a fresh, citrusy, fruity, sweet & lively fragrance that is stimulating and refreshing. It helps one overcome exhaustion, depression, and listlessness. Although unverifiable, some sources claim that inhaling the oil may stimulate the muscles around the eyes.
Other Possible Uses: The Lime essential oil may be beneficial for anxiety, blood pressure, soothing broken capillaries, dissolving cellulite, clarity of thought, debility, energy, fevers, gallstones, hair (cleansing) promoting leukocyte formation, liver deficiencies in children, lymphatic system cleansing, memory improvement, nails (strengthening), nervous conditions, cleaning the skin of dirty kids, sore throats, water and air purification, and promoting a sense of well-being.
It works extremely well in removing gum, wood stain, oil and grease spots. It may also help brighten a pale, dull complexion by removing the dead skin cells. Lime oil is capable of tightening skin and connective tissue.
Historical Uses: For some time, lime was used as a remedy for dyspepsia with a glycerin of pepsin. It was often used in place of lemon for fevers, infections, sore throats, colds, etc.
Blends With: Citronella, clary sage, lavandin, lavender, neroli, rosemary and other citrus oils
Directions for Use: Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for internal consumption fy the FDA (21CFR182.20)*
- Dilute 1 drop oil into 1 teaspoon honey or in 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Diffuse 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply to forehead, temples, flex points and/or directly on area of concern
- May be applied as a deodorant
- May be added to food or water as a dietary supplement (1-2 drops)
- Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after use
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (refer to an aromatherapy text)
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should consulting a trained healthcare practitioner prior to use
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product immediately if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Lime batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Rutaceae (citrus) . No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.
*Mockingbird Apothecary does not recommend ingestion of essential oils