Oregano (Origanum compactum, CT Carvacrol
Oregano essential oil is a potent and powerful essential oil that is used to help boost the immune system in times of cold and flu. Just a drop of this oil alleviates sinus infections and colds by steam inhalation.
This herbal oil is a powerful antimicrobial that can be used to help fight off infections. The antifungal properties of Oregano oil make it useful for treating foot and nail fungus.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction:
Body Systems Affected:
Other Possible Uses:
Directions for Use: Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for internal consumption fy the FDA (21CFR182.20)
- Dilute 1 drop oil into 1 teaspoon honey or in 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Diffuse 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply to forehead, temples, flex points and/or directly on area of concern
- May be applied as a deodorant
- May be added to food or water as a dietary supplement (1-2 drops)
- Avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours after use
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- Do not apply undiluted to skin (refer to an aromatherapy text)
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Pregnant women, nursing mothers and children should consulting a trained healthcare practitioner prior to use
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product immediately if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Oregano batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Origanum compactum. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis.