Turmeric essential oil is also know as curcuma oil and its health benefits are truly amazing. Turmeric essential oil is rich in antioxidants and promotes new cell growth, making it an excellent oil to add to a healthy lifestyle. It can help fight colon cancer, combat breast cancer, prevent neurologic diseases, help reduce arthritis and joint issues, help improve liver health, may reduce leukemia cells, relieve depression and anxiety, improve the common cold and boost skin health.
The antioxidant properties of Turmeric essential oil promote healthy hair follicles and preventing hair loss. The anti-inflammatory properties contribute to reducing scalp inflammation and improving hair growth.
Botanical Family, Origin & Extraction: Ginger (Zingiberaceae); India; Steam distilled from rhizomes
Properties: Anti-allergic, anti-fungal, antivenom, antiarthritic, antibacterial, antioxidant, mosquitocidal, neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory, antiparasitic
Body Systems Affected: Immune & respiratory system, skin
Aromatic Influence: Turmeric essential oil is yellow and has a scent that can be described as sweet and woody with notes of spice. The aroma is complex, earthy, spicy and fresh with slight similarity to ginger and faint whispers of fruitiness
Other Possible Uses: Turmeric essential oil has a huge range of health benefits and uses, including its ability to reduce inflammation, detoxify the body, optimize digestion, prevent hair loss, stimulate circulation, improve the health of the skin, strengthen the immune system, protect the heart, add flavor to food, and boost cognition, among others.
Historical Uses: Dating back nearly 4000 years to the Vedic culture in India, the Turmeric was used in cooking as well as religious ceremonies. It reached China by 700 AD, East Africa by 800 AD, West Africa by 1,200 AD and Jamaica in the 18th century
Blends With: Ginger, cinnamon, grapefruit, sweet orange, ylang ylang, cardamom
Directions for Use: Generally regarded as safe (GRAS) for internal consumption by the FDA (21CFR182.20)*
- Dilute one drop of basil oil in 1 teaspoon of honey or 4 oz of beverage (i.e. soy/rice milk)
- Use 6-8 drops in a diffuser of your choice
- Apply diluted to temples, tip of nose, flex points, and/or directly on area of concern
- May also be added to food or water as a dietary supplement (1-2 drops)
- Do not apply to eyes, sensitive areas or mucous membranes
- Do not apply undiluted to skin as it may irritate sensitive skin (test area first)
- The information on this website is not intended to diagnose or prescribe
- Avoid during pregnancy and while nursing
- Not for use by people with epilepsy
- You should not use this information for treating a health problem or disease or to make a self-diagnosis
- Contact your healthcare provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem
- Stop using this product if you suspect an allergic reaction
GC/MS Report: The analysis of our Turmeric batch sample meets the expected chemical profile for authentic essential oil of Curcuma longa. No contamination or adulteration was detected. The results provided in the GC/MS quality analysis reflect the chemical composition of the oil and lot referenced on the date of analysis
*Mockingbird Apothecary does not recommend ingestion of essential oils