Basil Essential Oil (Ocimum basilicum)
Basil Essential Oil has a wide array of benefits, ranging from promoting digestion to relieving anxiety.
- Digestion: Basil Essential Oil can help to settle the stomach and relieve digestive discomfort. Its carminative properties help to expel gas from the intestines, while its antispasmodic properties can help to relieve cramps.
- Cold and Flu: Basil Essential Oil is effective in treating cold and flu symptoms. Its antiviral and antibacterial properties help to fight the infection, while its expectorant properties help to clear congestion.
- Skin Care: Basil Essential Oil can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions. Its antibacterial properties make it effective in treating acne, while its anti-inflammatory properties can help to soothe irritated skin. It can also be used to treat insect bites and stings.
- Hair Care: Basil Essential Oil can promote hair growth and prevent hair loss. Its antiseptic properties help to keep the scalp clean and free of infections, while its stimulating properties can improve circulation to the scalp.
- Anxiety: Basil Essential Oil is very calming and can help to ease anxiety and tension. It is particularly helpful in instances of nervousness or stress-induced headaches.
GC/MS Report available upon request.
Mockingbird Apothecary & General Store does not recommend ingestion of essential oils. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Mockingbird Apothecary products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.