Frankincense Essential Oil (Boswellia carterii)
Frankincense Essential Oil is made from the resin of the Boswellia tree. This tree is native to Somalia, Oman, Yemen, and Ethiopia. The resin is harvested from the tree and then distilled to create the essential oil.
Frankincense Essential Oil has been used for centuries for its healing properties:
- Frankincense Essential Oil is also thought to boost immunity by helping fight off infection. Additionally it helps calm the lungs and soothe coughs, asthma and other respiratory conditions.
- It is excellent for encouraging emotional healing, quieting racing thoughts and providing feelings of peace and relaxation that soothes nerves and relieve stress.
- Frankincense Essential Oil is believed to have anti-inflammatory properties. This means it may help reduce inflammation and swelling.
- It can help with tension in neck muscles making it an effective for tension induced headaches.
- This oil has remarkable anti-aging, rejuvenating and healing properties that make it very useful in treating wrinkles and scars.
- There is some evidence to suggest that Frankincense Essential Oil may be helpful in treating cancer. One study found that frankincense oil was able to kill cancer cells in vitro, meaning it had the potential to be an effective treatment against cancer.
GC/MS Report available upon request.
Mockingbird Apothecary & General Store does not recommend ingestion of essential oils. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Mockingbird Apothecary products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.