This Organic Ceremonial Matcha is grown under the shade in the farmlands of the Kakegawa region of Shizuoka, Japan, an area recognized for traditional, sustainable practices. The matcha comes from the earliest spring harvest of the sweetest, tenderest, greenest leaves.
Being grown under shade preserves chlorophyll and L-Theanine, an amino acid that supplies focus, concentration, and mood enhancement. It also boasts a large a large amount of EGCG. This antioxidant catechin protects cells from oxidative damage, reduced inflammation, aids weight loss, and is being studied for a host of other benefits. On top of this, ceremonial matcha has an extremely fine texture with an appetizingly pure and delicate flavor.
- Increased energy levels
- Brain stimulation
- Improved concentration & focus
- A sense of relaxed well-being
- Boosted metabolism & fat burning
- Cleansing power of chlorophyll
- Anti-inflammatory effects of antioxidants
In terms of nutrition, ceremonial grade matcha has very few calories, less than 1 gram of carbohydrates in a typical serving from dietary fiber, plus a tiny amount of protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and iron. Ceremonial grade tends to have more chlorophyll, EGCG, catechins, and L-Theanine than culinary grades.
The tea farming practices in the farmlands of the Kakegawa region of Shizuoka, Japan help support a fragile grassland ecosystem, as well as protect endangered and endemic species. It is recognized by the UN as a "Globally Important Agricultural Heritage System."
- Add 1/2 tsp (1g) of Matcha powder to a bowl or cup
- Add 3 oz of hot water (185 F)
- Whisk well in zig-zag patterns until the tea is dissolved and becomes frothy.
- Adjust the amount of Matcha green tea to your liking
Ingredients: Organic Green Tea Powder (100% first spring harvest leaves)